Three-Pepper Pasta Toss Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 each large sweet red pepper, yellow pepper and green pepper, chopped
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook peppers and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture. Stir in the vinegar, sugar, salt, basil and pepper. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 165 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Three-Pepper Pasta Toss
"Quite good. I also added an orange pepper. Very colorful. Nice with any kind of meat."
"Simple side salad. Next time I may add more peppers. Very light."