Three-Pepper Pasta Toss Recipe
Red, yellow and green peppers lend a pleasant sweetness to Sandy's suggested side dish, Three-Pepper Pasta Toss. Ideal alongside the savory chops, this lightly coated medley complements most any meal. "It's simple, looks good and tastes wonderful," she comments. "I keep the ingredients on hand because Jeff likes it as a meatless main course."
- 8 ounces uncooked Daily Chef Penne Rigate
- 1 each large sweet red pepper, yellow pepper and green pepper, chopped
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook peppers and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture. Stir in the vinegar, sugar, salt, basil and pepper. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Three-Pepper Pasta Toss in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p13
Reviews for Three-Pepper Pasta Toss(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2012
Simple side salad. Next time I may add more peppers. Very light.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >