I like to make this recipe during the summer when I can get the ingredients fresh from the garden. It not only tastes very good, but it's a pretty addition to any meal.
- 1 package (12 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 8 ounces cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender, add the oil, vinegar, basil, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. Drain and rinse pasta in cold water; place in a large bowl. Add the peppers, tomato, olives and onions. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Stir mozzarella cheese. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Three-Pepper Pasta Salad in Country Extra September 1996, p51
Reviews for Three-Pepper Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review