If you're serious about guacamole, use a molcajete. The lava stone makes a big difference on the pepper paste and is fun for guests. — Laura Levy, Lyons, Colorado
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped onion, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded serrano pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons cilantro, 2 tablespoons onion, peppers, garlic and salt; mash together with a fork. Stir in avocados; fold in tomatoes and remaining cilantro and onion. Serve immediately with chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Three-Pepper Guacamole in Taste of Home February/March 2014
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Three-Pepper Guacamole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review