Three-Pepper Beef Wraps Recipe
- 1 each large green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers and onion in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place the kidney beans, salsa and remaining oil in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. Add to beef. Sprinkle with steak seasoning and pepper; cook and stir until heated through.
- 3. Spoon about 1/3 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; top each with 1/2 cup pepper mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
1 wrap equals 390 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 637 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.