“This recipe is as versatile as the cook preparing it," says Doreen Muench of Greenwood, Indiana. "Quick, simple-to-fix and good for you, it’s a meal all ages seem to love!” —
- 1 each large green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers and onion in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place the kidney beans, salsa and remaining oil in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. Add to beef. Sprinkle with steak seasoning and pepper; cook and stir until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; top each with 1/2 cup pepper mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Three-Pepper Beef Wraps in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p21
Reviews for Three-Pepper Beef Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review