Three-Pepper Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips or assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 25 minutes.
- 2. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 5 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips or vegetables) equals 84 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Three-Pepper Bean Dip
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.