“My husband’s great-grandmother and I spent time together creating this recipe after trying a similar version from his aunt. So it not only tastes delicious, it also has a lot of sentimental value.”—Amber Massey, Coppell, Texas
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips or assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Three-Pepper Bean Dip in Taste of Home April/May 2011, p83
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Three-Pepper Bean Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review