Three-Pepper Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips or assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 5 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Three-Pepper Bean Dip
Sort By :
"The dip is delicious, but the cook time is WAY off. The first time I made it, I had to cook it for 75 minutes before uncovering it to add the cheese. The second time I upped the temp to 350, and had to cook it 45-50 minutes before adding cheese topping. The end product is wonderful, though."
"Easy, inexpensive, and everyone loves it. Definitely cut down on heat. Reduce the Jalapeno and Chipotle by half unless you have a crowd that likes it very HOT. I love hot, but most people don't want to feel the burn later on..."
"I took this dip to a neighborhood get-together this summer and it got great reviews. I'm making it again this weekend for a potluck. You can also omit the cheese for lactose intolerant guests."
"Super easy dip recipe! Moderate amount of heat. Definitely will make again."
"My daughter-in-law made this bean dip for a bbq we had. It is SO SO GOOD! There is a little heat to it - which makes it really good. If you like bean dip at all - you will love this. It did make quite a bit - but that's okay - it tastes even better the next day when it's heated up again."