Three-Pepper Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 ounces PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips or assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 5 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Three-Pepper Bean Dip(6)
Sort By :
Easy, inexpensive, and everyone loves it. Definitely cut down on heat. Reduce the Jalapeno and Chipotle by half unless you have a crowd that likes it very HOT. I love hot, but most people don't want to feel the burn later on...
I took this dip to a neighborhood get-together this summer and it got great reviews. I'm making it again this weekend for a potluck. You can also omit the cheese for lactose intolerant guests.
Super easy dip recipe! Moderate amount of heat. Definitely will make again.
My daughter-in-law made this bean dip for a bbq we had. It is SO SO GOOD! There is a little heat to it - which makes it really good. If you like bean dip at all - you will love this. It did make quite a bit - but that's okay - it tastes even better the next day when it's heated up again.
This had just the right amount of heat for me. I didn't think my kids would touch it, but my 3 year old kept dipping into it and actually got really upset when I took it away. The one can of beans made way too much just to have at home though, so I'll wait to have company next time.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bean Dip >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Dip Recipes >
- Hot Dips >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >