Three-Meat Stromboli Recipe
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 pound pastrami, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound pepperoni, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound hard salami, finely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Roll each loaf of bread dough into a 12-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Spread mustard to within 1 in. of edges. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Combine the pastrami, pepperoni, salami and Swiss cheese; sprinkle over dough. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Brush edges of dough with egg. Roll up, jelly-roll style, beginning with a long side. Seal seam and ends.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; cut three slits in the top of each loaf. Bake at 350°for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Slice; serve warm. Yield: 2 loaves (12-16 slices each).
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Three-Meat Stromboli
Sort By :
I made this for my daughters volleyball team and it was a hit. Worried at first about the pastrami but it was delicious. An alternative that i used in one roll was zesty italian dressing.
I have made this several times as written and with different meats and/or cheeses. It is always a big hit!
I've been making this for years and always have compliments. Usually use a little more of the filling and don't always use the pastrami. It is great to make ahead, cover in plastic wrap and bake when you need (make earlier in the day, never tried letting it sit overnight).
Wonderful recipe. I used more than the 1/4 cup of all meats as we like more on our sandwiches. I used my bread machine to make the dough and it was so good!
It's a simple, easy meal to prepare and my family really likes it. We are keeping this recipe and making it many more times.