Three-Meat Stromboli Recipe
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 pound pastrami, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound pepperoni, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound hard salami, finely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1. Roll each loaf of bread dough into a 12-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Spread mustard to within 1 in. of edges. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Combine the pastrami, pepperoni, salami and Swiss cheese; sprinkle over dough. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Brush edges of dough with egg. Roll up, jelly-roll style, beginning with a long side. Seal seam and ends.
- 3. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; cut three slits in the top of each loaf. Bake at 350°for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Slice; serve warm. Yield: 2 loaves (12-16 slices each).
1 slice equals 135 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.