Three-Meat Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti and additional Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, water, tomato paste, mushrooms, pepperoni, cheese, Italian seasoning, sugar, garlic salt, parsley and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2. Serve desired amount with spaghetti and sprinkle with additional cheese. Cool remaining sauce. Freeze in serving-size portions in freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 3. To use frozen spaghetti sauce: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place in a saucepan; heat through. Serve over spaghetti and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 11-1/2 cups.
1/2 cup (calculated without spaghetti and additional cheese) equals 121 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 467 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.