- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti and additional Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, water, tomato paste, mushrooms, pepperoni, cheese, Italian seasoning, sugar, garlic salt, parsley and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve desired amount with spaghetti and sprinkle with additional cheese. Cool remaining sauce. Freeze in serving-size portions in freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen spaghetti sauce: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place in a saucepan; heat through. Serve over spaghetti and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 11-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Three-Meat Spaghetti Sauce
Sort By :
"This has become an absolute staple in our house, and just recently I've discovered our 1 year old LOVES the sauce!! It's so easy to make and is the perfect freeze-for-later sauce. I do agree with Jaysonwade on the amount of water. I usually cut mine back to about 2 1/2c. And if I'm out of crushed tomatoes (like I was last week), I blend up a can and a half of diced tomatoes. GREAT recipe, once again!"
"This is a delicious recipe. Very easy to prepare. I added fresh garlic. Only had sweet italian sausage on hand, and decided not to add the other meats to save calories. Due to the omitted ingredients, I only filled the empty 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes halfway with water, and used one can of tomato paste. Someone said too much water with three cups, so I ended up using about 2. Threw in extra dried parsley, grated real parmesan that was on hand...this was excellent served with angel hair pasta!"
"3 Cups of water + Sugar = watery, gross, sweet spaghetti. That is NOT what spaghetti is supposed to taste like!"
"Better than any I've found so far!"