Three-Meat Sauce Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (2 to 2-1/2 pounds), trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 5 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley or 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh oregano or 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large Dutch oven or soup kettle, brown beef, pork and sausage in oil; drain. Add onions; cook until tender. Add the tomato sauce and paste, water, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until beef and pork are tender.
- For 4-6 people, serve 4 cups of the meat sauce over 1 pound of cooked and drained spaghetti. Refrigerate or freeze remaining sauce (may be frozen up to 3 months). Yield: 18 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Three-Meat Sauce(2)
Sort By :
Muffintop: I do the same for my speghetti sauce except I haven't used the pork but I add mushrooms.
When I'm in a hurry, I buy ground beef, bulk italian sausage and ground pork. My kids love this sauce! So do I, because it freezes well.