Three-Meat Chili Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook the pork, onion and green pepper in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey and beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Drain pork mixture; add turkey and beef.
- 3. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until flavors are blended. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup: 359 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 7g fiber), 30g protein
Reviews for Three-Meat Chili
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.