Three-Meat and Cheese Stromboli Recipe
- 4 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli salami
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1. Let dough rise until doubled, according to package directions.
- 2. Punch down. Roll each loaf into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Arrange a fourth of the salami, ham, pepperoni and provolone cheese over each rectangle. Sprinkle each with a fourth of the mozzarella cheese, Romano cheese, garlic powder, oregano, parsley and pepper.
- 3. Roll up each rectangle jelly-roll style, beginning with a long side. Seal seams and ends. Place seam side down on two greased baking sheets. Brush with egg yolk.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 loaves (8 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 164 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 569 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.