The holidays wouldn't be the same without these rich, candy-like bars. A little goes a long way to satisfying a sweet tooth.
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cold milk
- 3 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa and sugar. Cook and
- stir over low heat until butter is melted. Stir a small amount of
- mixture into the egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until mixture reaches 160°.
- Stir in the wafer crumbs, coconut and vanilla.
- Press into an ungreased 8-in. square dish. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2
- minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes.