- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cold milk
- 3 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa and sugar. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted. Stir a small amount of mixture into the egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until mixture reaches 160°. Stir in the wafer crumbs, coconut and vanilla.
- Press into an ungreased 8-in. square dish. Let stand for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in pudding. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Spread over filling. Refrigerate until serving. Cut into bars. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Three-Layer Bars in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p84
Reviews for Three-Layer Bars(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review