- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm mashed potatoes (110° to 115°, prepared without milk and butter)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 7 to 7-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Melted butter
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in potatoes, sugar, shortening, salt, eggs and 5 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5-7 minutes. Place in a large greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough into three portions.
- For cloverleaf rolls, divide one portion into 48 pieces. Shape each piece into a 3/4-in. ball; place three balls each in greased muffin cups.
- For four-leaf-clover rolls, divide one portion into 16 pieces. Shape each into a 1-1/2-in. ball; place in greased muffin cups. With scissors, cut each ball into quarters, but not all the way through, leaving dough attached at bottom.
- For pan rolls, divide one portion into 16 pieces. Shape each piece into a 1-1/2-in. ball. Place in a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours. Bake at 400° for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Three-In-One Refrigerator Rolls
Sort By :
"I have made these rolls for over 25 years! They have been a favorite at family gatherings. Early on I rolled out the dough in ball and baked them in cake pans. This way each person could break off as much as they wanted. The boys had to be told not to just break it in half!!!! Excellent recipe!"