Three-in-One Popcorn Crunch
Folks with a sweet tooth will dig into these bite-size snacks. Candy corn is a colorful addition, so this mouthwatering mix is suitable for any autumn event.—Carma Blosser, Livermore, Colorado
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups candy corn
- Place popcorn and peanuts in large buttered heat-proof containers or
- bowls; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugars,
- corn syrup, water, butter and salt. Cook over medium heat until a
- candy thermometer reads 285° (soft-crack stage), stirring
- Pour over popcorn mixture; stir gently to coat. Stir in candy corn.
- Drop into bite-size pieces onto waxed paper. Cool completely. Store
- in an airtight container. Yield: 6 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 316 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.