When my three daughters were young, they each wanted me to make cookies with their favorite ingredient. One day I decided to combine chocolate, peanut butter and oatmeal into one cookie. They all loved the results! —Leota Hall, Lincoln, Nebraska
Recommended: The Best Cookies for Dunking
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in water and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in peanut butter chips and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Three-in-One Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p34
Reviews for Three-in-One Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review