Every Christmas, I make these cheese balls for an annual get-together. They aren't only for the holidays, however. You'll find they freeze well and last for a week in the refrigerator. I have even re-formed leftovers into smaller balls. I do my cooking in an 1892 home we're fixing up (my husband's a renovations contractor). We have a son, 3, and a baby daughter born last spring.
Recommended: 37 Marvelous Meatball Recipes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Finely chopped pecans
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, milk, onion and Worcestershire sauce until fluffy. If a smoother spread is desired, process in a food processor until creamy.
- Divide into thirds (about 1 cup each). Shape first portion into a ball; roll in pepper. Add the blue cheese to the second portion. Shape into a ball; roll in parsley. Add garlic powder to the remaining portion. Shape into a ball; roll in nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cheese balls.
Originally published as Three-in-One Cheese Ball in Country Woman November/December 1993, p33
Reviews for Three-in-One Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2009
"I really like these and how easy they are to make."