Three-In-One Banana Muffins
With a single banana bread mix, Beth Kosko bakes three different kinds of muffins using chocolate chips, walnuts and coconut. "I came up with this idea for a brunch where I wanted a variety of treats but not lots of leftovers," she pens from Ansonia, Connecticut.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (14 ounces) banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 3 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepare banana bread batter according to package directions for
- muffins. Divide batter among three bowls. Fold 1/3 cup walnuts into
- one bowl. Fold 1/4 cup coconut into second bowl. Fold chocolate
- chips into third bowl.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffins cups two-thirds full.
- Top walnut muffins with remaining walnuts; top coconut muffins with
- remaining coconut. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until a
- toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.