Three-In-One Banana Muffins Recipe
With a single banana bread mix, Beth Kosko bakes three different kinds of muffins using chocolate chips, walnuts and coconut. "I came up with this idea for a brunch where I wanted a variety of treats but not lots of leftovers," she pens from Ansonia, Connecticut.
- 1 package (14 ounces) banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 3 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepare banana bread batter according to package directions for muffins. Divide batter among three bowls. Fold 1/3 cup walnuts into one bowl. Fold 1/4 cup coconut into second bowl. Fold chocolate chips into third bowl.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffins cups two-thirds full. Top walnut muffins with remaining walnuts; top coconut muffins with remaining coconut. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Three-In-One Banana Muffins in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p39
Reviews for Three-In-One Banana Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review