For a crisp, refreshing side dish, this tasty salad can't be beat. The bold flavor and crunch really wake up your taste buds. It's the perfect salad to go with lasagna. -Gina Squires, Salem, Oregon
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 6 fresh broccoli florets, sliced
- 3 fresh cauliflowerets, sliced
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 5 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ITALIAN DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss the greens and vegetables. Cover and chill. In a blender, combine all dressing ingredients; cover and process until blended. Pour into a jar with tight-fitting lid; chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Shake dressing before serving; pour desired amount over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (about 1 cup dressing).
Originally published as Three-Green Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p35
Reviews for Three-Green Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2014
"a good mix of veggies"
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2012
"A healthy salad fr my Mom"
Reviewed May. 28, 2011
"Very good. My daughter who doesn't like salads said she would eat this one anytime!"
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2009
"I changed the salad ingredients somewhat, but made the dressing just as directed. Very good."