Three-Grain Side Dish Recipe
Starring long grain rice, bulgur and barley, this is a deliciously different dressing. The unique texture and unbeatable blend of seasonings make it better than any box version I’ve tried. I think you’ll agree, too.—Shirley Bedzis, San Diego, California
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking barley
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a nonstick saucepan, saute the onions, celery, apricots and raisins in sherry and butter for 2 minutes or until sherry has evaporated. Stir in the rice, bulgur and barley; saute for 3 minutes.
- 2. Add the broth, poultry seasoning, savory and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in parsley. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 221 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 546mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 6g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Three-Grain Side Dish
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC