Three-Grain Muffins Recipe
"A new neighbor brought me a batch of this muffin mix," relates Dorothy Collins of Winnsboro, Texas. "I was pleasantly surprised at how well it kept in the fridge and what delicious, moist muffins it created."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:48 servings
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups crushed Shredded Wheat (about 4 large)
- 2 cups All-Bran
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine oats, Shredded Wheat and bran. Add buttermilk, water, oil and eggs; stir for 1 minute. Stir in brown sugar. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to the cereal mixture until blended.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 166 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC