"A new neighbor brought me a batch of this muffin mix," relates Dorothy Collins of Winnsboro, Texas. "I was pleasantly surprised at how well it kept in the fridge and what delicious, moist muffins it created."
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups crushed Shredded Wheat (about 4 large)
- 2 cups All-Bran
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine oats, Shredded Wheat and bran. Add buttermilk, water, oil and eggs; stir for 1 minute. Stir in brown sugar. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to the cereal mixture until blended.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Three-Grain Muffins in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p19
Reviews for Three-Grain Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review