My grandkids really like this hearty and satisfying bread-machine recipe. We all enjoy the loaf's crunchy crust and chewy interior. -John Reed of Lees Summit, Missouri
20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1-1/2 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup rye flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 20 slices).