Three-Fruit Sundae Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 cups chopped fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sweetened sliced strawberries
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, rhubarb, strawberries, oranges and lemon peel until blended. Stir in the water and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 2. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes or until thickened. Discard cinnamon stick. Cool. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over ice cream. Yield: 7 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 36 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Three-Fruit Sundae Sauce
"I made this years ago and entered a ice cream contest with the sauce, won first prize and many wanted the recipe, it has been passed on to many over the years. Can also be used over angel food cake or pound cake. A real winner"