Three-Fruit Shortcakes Recipe
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sliced peeled peaches
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine baking mix and chocolate chips; stir in milk until a soft dough forms. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-in. apart onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sugar.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine fruits and lemon juice. Add confectioners' sugar; toss to coat.
- 3. To assemble, split shortcakes in half. Place cake bottoms on dessert plates. Spoon fruit over bottom halves. Replace shortcake tops. Serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 shortcake with 3/4 cup fruit (calculated without whipped topping) equals 245 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.