Three-Fruit Salad Recipe
“My grandma used to make her pretty Three-Fruit Salad for summer picnics, and I really liked it,” field editor Sue Gronholz writes from Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. “It’s a rather unusual combination, but it’s delicious!”
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 to 2 small ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, salt and reserved juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot juice mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; cool.
- Just before serving, in a bowl, combine the bananas, grapes, marshmallows, pineapple and cooled dressing. Serve over lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Three-Fruit Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p58
Reviews for Three-Fruit Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review