Three-Fruit Marmalade Recipe
I make all my own jams, and this marmalade is a favorite. It marries the warm flavors of peaches and pears with citrus.—Lorraine Wright, Grand Forks, British Columbia
- 1 medium orange
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh pears
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- 1. Finely grate peel from orange; peel and section the fruit. Place peel and sections in a Dutch oven. Add peaches and pears. Stir in pectin. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- 2. Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into eight hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 3. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 8 half-pints.
2 tablespoons equals 88 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC