I make all my own jams, and this marmalade is a favorite. It marries the warm flavors of peaches and pears with citrus.—Lorraine Wright, Grand Forks, British Columbia
48 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Process: 10 min.
- 1 medium orange
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh pears
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- Finely grate peel from orange; peel and section the fruit. Place peel
- and sections in a Dutch oven. Add peaches and pears. Stir in pectin.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar;
- return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into eight hot
- half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and
- adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims.
- Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are
- completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10
- minutes. Remove jars and cool.
- Yield: 8 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 88 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.