I make all my own jams, and this marmalade is a favorite. It marries the warm flavors of peaches and pears with citrus.Lorraine Wright, Grand Forks, British Columbia
48 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Process: 10 min.
- 1 medium orange
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh pears
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- Finely grate peel from orange; peel and section the fruit. Place peel
- and sections in a Dutch oven. Add peaches and pears. Stir in pectin.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar;
- bring to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring
- constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off foam.
- Ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in.
- headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process
- for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 8 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 88 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.