I make all my own jams, and this marmalade is a favorite. It marries the warm flavors of peaches and pears with citrus. —Lorraine Wright, Grand Forks, British Columbia
Featured In: 40 Condiments You Can Make at Home
- 1 medium orange
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh pears
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- Finely grate peel from orange; peel and section the fruit. Place peel and sections in a Dutch oven. Add peaches and pears. Stir in pectin. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into eight hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
- Yield: 8 half-pints.
Originally published as Three-Fruit Marmalade in Country Woman August/September 2011 , p48
Reviews for Three-Fruit Marmalade
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2015
"Was quite sweet. I would reduce sugar next time. Mostly tasted of orange.Only got 6 half pints instead of 8."