Three-Fruit and Marshmallow Salad Recipe
“My grandma used to make her pretty Three-Fruit Salad for summer picnics, and I really liked it,” field editor Sue Gronholz writes from Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. “It’s a rather unusual combination, but it’s delicious!”
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 to 2 small ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, salt and reserved juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot juice mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; cool.
- 3. Just before serving, in a bowl, combine the bananas, grapes, marshmallows, pineapple and cooled dressing. Serve over lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 297 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Three-Fruit and Marshmallow Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC