Three-Chocolate Fudge Recipe
- 3-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 32 large marshmallows, halved
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars (7 ounces each), broken
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large saucepan, combine first four ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in marshmallows until melted.
- Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Add chocolate bars and chopped chocolate; stir until melted. Fold in vanilla and pecans; mix well. Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. pan. Chill until firm. Cut into squares. Yield: 5-1/2 pounds.
Reviews for Three-Chocolate Fudge
Sort By :
"Recipe sounds wonderful and I will try it, but this recipe is not Mamie Eisenhower's Million Dollar Fudge. I have a card with the original recipe that was printed in the Women's National Press Club's "Who Says We Can't Cook!" At that time copies could be purchased for two dollars plus fifteen cent postage. Lucy"
"I haven't made this yet, but I definitely plan to! To answer the first reviewer's question about using chocolate chips versus chocolate bars- chocolate chips have stabilizers in them to help them keep their shape when melted, whereas the bars don't, so that could be why the chocolate bars are used instead. Can't wait to try this!!!"
"can fudge be kept out of the refrig after it becomes firm?"
"This is the original Mami Eisenhower Fudge Reciepe, and is the best ever."
"This is the BEST FUDGE anywhere! You can't find any better! Been making it for the Holidays for 5 years, family and Friends just love it! I use all the best Chocolate I can find...its so creamy and smooth.............follow the Recipe exactly, you can't go wrong! If somethings not right, it's because YOU did something wrong! Use Hershey Milk Chocolate Bars for the Milk Choc. the plain. The 2 types of semi sweet are the "baking choc squares" and the Choc chips........only use the best Brands!"