I make this fudge at Christmastime to give to friends and neighbors. That tradition started years ago when I made more candy than my husband, three sons and I could eat, so we shared it. It's a tasty tradition I'm glad to continue.
-Betty Grantham, Hanceville, Alabama
66 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 3-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 32 large marshmallows, halved
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars (7 ounces each), broken
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large saucepan, combine first four ingredients. Cook and stir
- over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil;
- boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in
- marshmallows until melted.
- Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Add chocolate bars and chopped
- chocolate; stir until melted. Fold in vanilla and pecans; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. pan. Chill until firm. Cut into
- squares. Yield: 5-1/2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 161 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.