Three-Chip English Toffee Recipe
With its melt-in-your-mouth texture and scrumptiously rich flavor, this is the ultimate toffee! Drizzled on top are three different kinds of melted chips, plus a sprinkling of walnuts. Packaged in colorful tins, these pretty pieces make great gifts. —Lana Petfield Richmond, Virginia
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 2 cups butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1. Butter a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with 1/2 teaspoon butter. In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, bring sugar and remaining butter to a boil, stirring constantly. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 2. Uncover; add almonds. Cook and stir with a clean spoon until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage) and mixture is golden brown.
- 3. Pour into prepared pan (do not scrape sides of saucepan). Surface will be buttery. Cool for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with milk chocolate chips. Let stand for 1-2 minutes; spread chocolate over the top. Sprinkle with walnuts; press down gently with the back of a spoon. Chill for 10 minutes.
- 4. In a microwave, melt semisweet chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over walnuts. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Melt vanilla chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over walnuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Break into pieces. Yield: about 2-1/2 pounds.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 397 calories, 30 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Three-Chip English Toffee
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC