- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 taco shells, warmed
- 1-1/4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and red pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the beer, chili sauce, chilies, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon turkey mixture into taco shells; top with lettuce and cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Three-Chili Turkey Tacos
"I loved these,but have to give less than five b/c my picky boys, and husband did not like it. Loved the flavors. made a taco salad with the leftovers the next day."
"I had to make a couple of changes because of the sodium content for our family but I really liked this recipe. It was quick and smart. I can't use any alcohol even in cooking so I just replaced the beer with unsalted veggie broth and chili sauce (store bought) has lots of sodium so I made a little of the same with no-salt tomato paste and Mrs. Dash no-salt chili mix, of course I omitted the salt in the recipe and used low-sodium Worcestershire. Nice part is I cooked quite a bit of ground turkey in the micro and after draining I put half in my freezer before adding seasoning to use for sloppy joes (low-sodium of course) next week."
"My family LOVES this recipe... even my 5 and 8 year old sons who are horribly picky. We don't change anything... just add lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and salsa for toppings. Yum!"
"These are amazing! They are the only tacos I make now. We make them a couple times a month. The leftovers are tasty too."
"good! somewhat of a cross between sloppy joes & taco meat. we used pitas for the shells yum!"