With a trio of chili sauce, green chilies and chili powder, these take "taco night" to a new level. —Cathy Tang, Redmond, Washington
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 taco shells, warmed
- 1-1/4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and red pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the beer, chili sauce, chilies, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon turkey mixture into taco shells; top with lettuce and cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Three-Chili Turkey Tacos in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p22
Reviews for Three-Chili Turkey Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review