Three-Cheese Veggie Pizza Recipe
“We love pizza and consider ourselves connoisseurs. The breadsticks make this easy and a little different. We especially enjoy it with veggies from our garden.” —Sue Ellen Clark, Wyoming, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated garlic breadsticks
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small yellow summer squash, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1. Unroll breadsticks; place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of pan to form a crust; pinch seams to seal. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, 2 tablespoons dressing, parsley, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, basil and Italian seasoning; set aside.
- 3. Spread remaining dressing over crust; sprinkle with Romano cheese and 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Top with vegetable mixture; dot ricotta over vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack and garlic powder.
- 4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Yield: 12 pieces.
1 piece equals 257 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 661 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC