Three-Cheese Twists Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 24 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine butter and garlic salt. In another shallow bowl, combine cheeses and parsley. On a lightly floured surface, roll each dinner roll into a 10-in. rope. Dip in butter mixture, then in cheese mixture.
- 2. Fold each rope in half and twist twice; pinch ends together to seal. Place 2-in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 188 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Three-Cheese Twists
"A great way to use frozen rolls. The whole process was quick and easy. They tasted great. Served them as a side with soup. Very comforting."