My daughter has given me many great recipes, but this is one of my favorites. Although these tasty twists look like you fussed, convenient frozen dinner rolls hurry along the preparation. I usually serve them with chili, but they're great with a salad, too.
-June Poepping, Quincy, Illinois
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 24 frozen bread dough dinner Rolls, thawed
- In a shallow bowl, combine butter and garlic salt. In another shallow
- bowl, combine cheeses and parsley. On a lightly floured surface,
- roll each dinner roll into a 10-in. rope. Dip in butter mixture,
- then in cheese mixture.
- Fold each rope in half and twist twice; pinch ends together to seal.
- Place 2-in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a
- warm place until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 188 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 370 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.