- 12 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) three-cheese spaghetti sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, sugar, Italian seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder. Place 1 cup meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Drain manicotti. In a large bowl, combine the cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and egg. Stuff into manicotti shells. Place shells over meat sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked manicotti casserole for up to 1 month. To use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Three-Cheese Turkey Manicotti
Sort By :
"Enjoyed by all. If I made it again I would either cut the sugar in half or omit all together."
"Although have not yet had chance to make, giving ***5 star rating***. Just know my husband will love this, as he loves me!!"
"This was great and easy to make. I used my fingers to stuff the manicotti."
"I made this recipe as is except skipped the Italian Seasoning only because we don't care for it. This was so good! We will definitely make this often."
"I also used an ice tea spoon to stuffe the shells but it helps if you roll the stuffing mix. This tasted fantastic. Everyone loved it."