Three-Cheese Turkey Manicotti Recipe
This is my husband's favorite dish. He always requests it—even on holidays! You'll love the variety of cheeses and spices that jazz up this manicotti recipe. It's restaurant-quality, but at a quarter of the price! —Luanne Wallace Bennett, Powder Springs, Georgia
- 12 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) three-cheese spaghetti sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1. Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, sugar, Italian seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder. Place 1 cup meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Drain manicotti. In a large bowl, combine the cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and egg. Stuff into manicotti shells. Place shells over meat sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
2 filled manicotti shells equals 647 calories, 34 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 158 mg cholesterol, 937 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 40 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC