Three Cheese Tomato Melt
I love to make this open-faced sandwich for myself or unexpected guests...especially when homegrown tomatoes are ripe on the vine. Try it for lunch or a snack.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 bagels or English muffins, split and toasted
- Combine cheeses, mayonnaise and garlic powder; set aside. Place a
- tomato slice on each bagel half; broil 5 in. from the heat for 1-2
- minutes or until tomato is warm. Spread about 1 tablespoon cheese
- mixture over each tomato; broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese
- is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 384 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 622 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.