I love to make this open-faced sandwich for myself or unexpected guests...especially when homegrown tomatoes are ripe on the vine. Try it for lunch or a snack.
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 bagels or English muffins, split and toasted
- Combine cheeses, mayonnaise and garlic powder; set aside. Place a tomato slice on each bagel half; broil 5 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until tomato is warm. Spread about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture over each tomato; broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Three Cheese Tomato Melt in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p83
Reviews for Three Cheese Tomato Melt
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2011
"I made this after recieving a bunch of tomatos from a neighbor. My boys love them, they taste like pizza. Can not wait for the next harvest of tomatos."