I love to make this open-faced sandwich for myself or unexpected guests...especially when homegrown tomatoes are ripe on the vine. Try it for lunch or a snack.
Recommended: 25 of Our Cheesiest Recipes Ever
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 bagels or English muffins, split and toasted
- Combine cheeses, mayonnaise and garlic powder; set aside. Place a tomato slice on each bagel half; broil 5 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until tomato is warm. Spread about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture over each tomato; broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Three Cheese Tomato Melt in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p83
Reviews for Three Cheese Tomato Melt
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2011
"I made this after recieving a bunch of tomatos from a neighbor. My boys love them, they taste like pizza. Can not wait for the next harvest of tomatos."