Topped with tomatoes, olives and artichoke hearts, these sumptuous slices can kick off dinner as an appetizer or accompany your favorite pasta dish. Just add a nice bottle of Chianti.—Sarah Sparks, Elgin, Illinois
Featured In: 22 Recipes for Garlic Lovers
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut bread in half lengthwise and then in half widthwise. Combine butter and garlic; brush over cut sides of bread. Place on two ungreased baking sheets.
- Spread with pesto and spaghetti sauce; sprinkle with mozzarella. Top with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices. Yield: 16 appetizer servings.
Originally published as Three-Cheese Garlic Bread in Taste of Home August/September 2011, p22
Reviews for Three-Cheese Tomato Garlic Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2011
"My husband LOVED this and has requested it again and suggested I make this for others. Will not disappoint! I left off the olives."