Three-Cheese Stuffed Onions
Rich and decadent describe this deliciously different vegetable side dish featuring three kinds of cheese.
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 8 medium onions
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- Peel onions. Cut a 1/2-in. slice from top of each onion; remove
- centers with a melon baller, leaving 1/2-in. shells.
- Combine Gorgonzola cheese and cream cheese; stuff into onion shells.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with oil;
- sprinkle with Romano cheese, salt and pepper. Pour broth around
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until tender.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed onion equals 209 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 756 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.