Three-Cheese Stuffed Onions Recipe
Rich and decadent describe this deliciously different vegetable side dish featuring three kinds of cheese.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 8 medium onions
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1. Peel onions. Cut a 1/2-in. slice from top of each onion; remove centers with a melon baller, leaving 1/2-in. shells.
- 2. Combine Gorgonzola cheese and cream cheese; stuff into onion shells. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with Romano cheese, salt and pepper. Pour broth around onions.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 stuffed onion equals 209 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 756 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC