Rich and decadent describe this deliciously different vegetable side dish featuring three kinds of cheese.
- 8 medium onions
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 375°. Peel onions. Cut a 1/2-in. slice from top of each onion; remove centers with a melon baller, leaving 1/2-in. shells.
- Combine Gorgonzola cheese and cream cheese; stuff into onion shells. Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with Romano cheese, salt and pepper. Pour broth around onions.
- Bake, uncovered, on lower oven rack until tender, 45-55 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Three-Cheese Stuffed Onions in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p80
Reviews for Three-Cheese Stuffed Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review