Three-Cheese Stuffed Burgers Recipe
- 1 tablespoon shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- Optional toppings: tomato slices, onion slices, dill pickle slices and ketchup
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Shape beef into four thin patties. Sprinkle cheese mixture over two patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with toppings of your choice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 burger (calculated without optional toppings) equals 340 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.