There's a great flavor to these cheese-packed burgers, with a subtle hint of spices. We like to cook them on the grill but they can be broiled to perfection, too.
- 1 tablespoon shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- Optional toppings: tomato slices, onion slices, dill pickle slices and ketchup
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Shape beef into four thin patties. Sprinkle cheese mixture over two patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with toppings of your choice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Three-Cheese Stuffed Burgers in Reminisce Extra July 2009, p52
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Three-Cheese Stuffed Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review